- 1 packet brown rice pasta boil and add this to a bowl of the following
- 1 container sour cream or yogurt (8 oz.)
- 1 or 1.5 blocks of grated chedder cheese or (16 oz.) (I use sharp but you can use which ever one you like, I prefer white sharp!!!)
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 jar of kalamata olives (optional but taste better with them) cut or whole I prefer cut but, whole in pic (made this at 1:30am)
- 1/2 jar of sun dried tomatoes
- * Optional – add 1 cup plain yogurt instead of the sour cream (full cream fat, of course!)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place drained macaroni back in the pot and add all the liquid ingredients on low heat. Stir in shredded cheese and milk and half of the sharp cheddar cheese, add kalamata olives and sun dried tomatoes until well combined.
- Place macaroni in a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with other half shredded Sharp on top as a garnish. Season as desired.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly. (Optional you can bake a little longer if you want cheese garnish to be more brown.) Season to taste…I use a pinch of salt and more pepper. (If you like pepper).
- Note: This Mac & Cheese is more healthy because it’s made with whole foods, no 2% milk etc…however, you can make it with that. But try using all whole ingredients like butter instead of Margarine brown rice noodles, and add you favorite garnish…ONE MORE SIDE NOTE: in pics I had to break up the cheese because umm, well I coudn’t find the grater but would have preferred a grater!!!